Saturday, November 7, 2009

Something a Little Different!

Wow!! It has been a long time since I posted to my blog. I just have not had time to post anything. I have been in a crafting slump here lately, and I just haven't had time to craft. But something I have had time to do (and it's a little hobby of mine) is cooking. So I am going to start posting recipes (with pictures) as well as papercrafting stuff. I made these a while ago. They are soooo good. Sorry about the bad photo. I haven't quite mastered how to take pictures of food. These are also great because the meat cooks in the slow cooker. Hope you enjoy!!! Beef Tostadas 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef round steak 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. black pepper 1/4 cup lime juice 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 1 tbsp. chili powder 1/4 tsp. cumin 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper 12 packaged tostada shells 3/4 cup refried beans lettuce shredded mexican blend cheese salsa sour cream 1. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place 3 tbsp. of the lime juice, the garlic, jalapeno, onion, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne in the slow cooker. Place beef on top and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. 2. Remove beef and shred. Place shredded beef in a large bowl. 3. Strain remaining liquid in slow cooker over a bowl or measuring cup, discarding solids. Add strained liquid and remaining 1 tbsp. lime juice to beef in bowl. Stir to combine. 4. Warm tostada shells according to package directions. Heat refried beans. 5. Spread refried beans on tostada shell. Top refried beans with meat. Top with lettuce, salsa, cheese, and sour cream. You could even use guacamole if you wanted.

3 comments:

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

these look YUMMY... I am going to have to try and make these.

The Mama Monkey said...

Thanks for the recipe!!!

Teresa Jenkins said...

This looks wonderful! I am a crafter, cooker, and Army wife too... must run in the requirements for us :-) I'll be back to see more!